Sales Training Program
Sales: Principles of Partnership Selling
Mastering the Sales Process
You have probably heard the comment: “This product sells itself!” While there are definitely fantastic products of every kind out there, we believe that in reality products don’t sell, people do! A quality product and product training are essential to your success but only in part. Strategic and tactical sales techniques are the vital tools that give you the edge in your market. This program is specifically geared to teach these techniques in a highly interactive and experiential environment – a methodology proven to work.
From an instructional standpoint, our programs include presentation, practice and application methods. We provide the structure; you provide the content. We provide proven methodologies for producing sales results. We work with you to tailor the practice and application sections to your products and markets so you can easily turn classroom learning into workplace results. You determine the level of customizing necessary for your needs and expectations.
In this program, you will learn to bridge your company’s offerings and your customers’ needs, while determining how to maintain a strong presence in the marketplace and create financial stability
- Explore ways to truly partner with customers
- Acquire a four-step process for setting goals and leveraging your efforts more effectively toward achieving those goals
- Create a value profile to allow for presentations that tell your customers you can offer what they’ve said they want. Show customers what’s in it for them
- Learn to handle objections as golden opportunities
- Define a closing objective for one of your own accounts
- Discover how to ensure • customer satisfaction
- Distinguish between peddler and partnership approaches
- Define benefits for partnering
- Apply skills and tools to facilitate long-term partnerships
- Provide value over and above the product
- See the sales process from the customer’s point of view
- Identify four personality styles and how to work best with each.
- Identify five buyer roles.
- Create rapport with customers through “mirroring” techniques
- Understand why customers buy and what customers value
- Develop questions for your value profile to address the needs and values of customers
- Apply the value profile to match your own products and services to customer-defined value
- Develop an “up-front close” to ensure that both your time and your customer’s time is well-spent
- Focus your presentation on saying, “Here’s what you said you wanted”
- Tell the difference between facts, features, benefits, and “partner benefits”
- Tailor benefits to specific customers
- Identify benefits for your own products or services
- Use a formula for developing and presenting benefits
- Present a product in terms of benefits that answer the buyer question, “What’s in it for me?”
- Construct partnership presentations that involve your customers
- Identify and evaluate the elements of an effective presentation
- Plan for the logistics of a presentation
- Conduct a presentation with appropriate benefit statements to meet the prospect’s needs
- Understand obtaining and using “PROOFS” and other materials to back up your presentations
- Design and practice the presentation using literature, visual aids, and support material
- Make a confident, persuasive presentation that will close the sale
- Recognize objections by type
- Understand what closing is and what it isn’t
- Gauge how well you’ve carried out the whole process by your customer’s readiness to close
- Recognize when the customer is ready to make a decision
- Use trial closes to define closing opportunities
- Develop closing objectives that meet both the need of your customer and your need to make a sale
- Develop a variety of approaches that facilitate customer decisions
- Apply the selling skills that you have been learning throughout the program
- Practice your own Action Plan for your CSO through role playing
- Act as a key decision-maker for one of your task force member’s role play
- Work in a team to aid, observe, and critique
Core Selling Skills: Enhancing Professional Salesmanship
Building a Strong Foundation for Today’s Sales Professionals. Results Speak Louder than Words.
People don’t work harder and smarter because the company will benefit. People take steps in new and challenging directions because they themselves will benefit. We address this reality by creating a bridge between personal and professional goal achievement. In order for this to happen, the program must address the participant’s question, “What’s in it for me?” We take great care to answer that question for all salespeople. When salespeople motivate themselves, everyone benefits. Our unique approach to integrated sales training is the result of years of research. This research isolated certain critical “Core Selling Skills” as a basis of all achievement.
In this program, you will learn to enhance your core selling skills to launch successful selling partnerships that bridge your company’s offerings and your clients’ needs
- Set complete, measurable goals
- Better understand your motivation for selling
- Develop strategic career plans
- Leverage time in accordance with goals
- Learn to be an active listener and improve communication skills
- Become familiar with using • various negotiating techniques
- Negotiate your way to win-win situations through planning and flexibility
- Build leadership and teamwork skills to better serve customers and enhance your own sales
- Identify the difference between dreams and well-stated goals
- Strategically plan and tactically execute goal processes
- Develop a sales strategy based on where you are and where you want to be
- Create specific goals, stating them in measurable, action-oriented terms
- Develop a sales funnel to track goals, identify areas for improvement, determine daily activities, and produce results
- State specific goals for individual customers
- Identify your personal motivation for your own goal achievement
- Identify time wasters and deal with them
- Allocate time for your strategic goals
- Focus time toward goal achievement
- Plan activities based on peak productivity periods
- Prioritize your customers using the Account Gradation System
- Apply Account Gradation to increase productivity, using business planning and account clustering
- Identify the goals of communication
- Identify the difference between active and passive listening
- Utilize active listening to more effectively understand buyer needs
- Use a variety of questioning techniques to uncover, clarify, and understand buyer needs, wants, and goals
- Control the direction of communication with questions
- Understand others and have them understand you
- Describe how negotiation impacts sales results
- Describe and demonstrate the link between negotiation and communication, goal setting, time management, teamwork, and the sales process
- Enhance negotiation results by using core skills
- Prepare the three-tiered goal analysis for negotiable issues
- Develop negotiating strategies based on opportunity and buying behavior
- Identify and apply bargaining techniques
- Identify how teamwork relates to other sales skills
- Integrate the core skills into effective sales team operations
- Identify the key characteristics of successful sales teams
- Identify which individuals and functions are potentially part of your sales teams for different selling situations
- Identify sources of resistance and strategize ways to strengthen key relationships to improve teamwork
- Describe the characteristics of an effective team leader
Powers of Persuasion
This course presents the elements of each Power, shows how to activate each Power, how to apply individual Powers and Power combinations. We provide a process for determining which Powers will be most easily activated in each persuasion encounter.
The Friendship Power: The keys to this power are trust and a common bond.
The Authority Power: By effectively showing credibility, knowledge, and authority, you reduce the risk inherent in most decisions.
The Consistency Power: We are slaves to consistency. When we learn what others are consistent with, we can frame our request accordingly.
The Reciprocity Power: This is the well documented, universal psychological requirement for quid pro quo.
The Contrast Power: In the real world of the brain, objective values simply don’t matter: perceptions rule.
The Reason Why Power: Scientific studies create and validate the Reason Why Power. Ask without a reason, get turned down. Provide a reason for acting, and you persuade compliance.
The Hope Power: Hope is the strongest motivator of all human activity.
- The Awesome Power of Persuasion
- Persuasion Presentations
- Action Plan
Empowering Performance: A Sales Manager’s Guide to Success
Selling the most does not define the best sales manager. It is creating a sales force that produces results. Every day, sales managers are called to lead their teams. Their success depends on their ability to successfully convince others to follow them.
A sales manager’s success depends on a team’s success. Becoming an effective sales manager takes determination, patience, drive and an undying will to help others succeed. As a sales manager, you will achieve success through effective leadership.
Empowering Performance: A Sales Manager’s Guide to Success, is a training program intended for anyone in a sales management position. Whether you are new to sales management or you are looking to fine-tune current management skills.
This program teaches sales managers how to create and drive a sales force to achieve remarkable results. Through interaction and skill practice, participants will learn how to hire, retain, motivate, develop and lead a team to achieve the results needed.
A major goal of this program is to provide sales managers with the skills necessary to effectively lead a sales team and to identify the key characteristics that will lead to success. The program is divided into five modules, each with specific learning objectives.
- Learning to Lead Your Sales Team
- Building Your Sales Team
- Developing Essential Sales Skills
- Achieving Results as a Sales Manager
- Leading Your Sales Team with Momentum
What You Will Do:
- Gain a clear understanding of the primary responsibilities to increase sales performance
- Learn how to find, recruit and hire top salespeople
- Identify the most effective ways to coach and develop a sales team
- Analyze the best ways to coach and develop a sales team
- Determine ways to motivate a sales force to produce remarkable results
- Set up systems for measuring performance, setting goals and tracking progress