Employee Development Programs
Effective Communication Training
Effective corporate communication is an essential skill in today’s fast-paced business world. Effective communicators understand that communication is a complex process that can often be challenging.
Creating an organization in which communication is truly valued is more than just a good idea; it is good business. Companies that choose to foster good organizational communication skills with dedicated effective communication training will aid their employees in both their professional and personal development.
- Define communications
- Assess your communication skills
- Describe the communication process
- Identify the purpose of communications
- Identify the five levels of communication
- Identify the benefits of effective communication and the cost of poor communication
- Identify how to understand your audience
- Identify five keys to becoming an effective communicator
- Identify the three parts of nonverbal communication
- Describe the interpretation of facial expressions
- Describe the impact of appearance on your communication
- Assess your listening skills
- Identify active listening skills and techniques
- Create “I” statements
Practicing Using Communication Tools
- Discuss how to establish and maintain rapport
- Practice active listening skill
Enhancing Your Communication Skills
- Takeaways / Action Plan
Emotional Intelligence: Pathway of Personal Success
At work and in life, we face key moments that are challenging, distressing, even painful. What manager has not wished their employees could work faster and smarter with fewer mistakes or meetings?
Providing Emotional Intelligence training and focusing on personal productivity pays off exponentially. It helps your staff understand that the reality of the key moment cannot change, but that the interior response to it is a personal choice. They can focus on the task at hand, and make the choices that are most productive without wasting time blaming, resenting or complaining.
As your employees become aware of their own emotions and learn to control them in service of their life goals, your workplace will become not only more pleasant but more productive. Sales forces will be more effective as they become more optimistic, able and willing to surmount obstacles. All your teams will function more efficiently and productively when leaders choose to listen with empathy and team players take responsibility for their choices. Emotional intelligence workshops help increase managerial skills, team building, and employee competence at all levels – and that inevitably improves the bottom line.
People who attend this program will learn a set of principles that will change the way they view their lives as well as their performance on the job. They will grow in self-understanding, confidence, personal effectiveness and their ability to handle the challenges/opportunities of the workplace. Such a personal transformation forms the foundation for organizational success.
In this program, you will learn how to create a state of mind that allows you to meet, conquer and transcend the challenges of your life. You will learn to live with your vision and purpose rather than being reactive to circumstances, events and other people
- Understand four paradigms from which you live your life
- Commit to living your life from the paradigm of personal integrity
- Learn how to conquer life’s challenging moments
- Give up resentments, complaints and blame as you align to reality
- Recognize choices in your life and take responsibility for your experience
- Clarify and live from your personal vision
- Define your purpose and guiding principles
- Implement your vision and act with personal integrity
- Value and respect yourself at a deep level
- Grasp the process of emotional intelligence
- Recognize the flaw inherent in the common symbols of success
- Learn a new definition of success based on your personal paradigm
- Understand the power of your personal paradigm
- Distinguish the four different paradigms from which people live
- Identify the core beliefs of each paradigm
- Realize how you respond to challenging or upsetting events (key moments)
- Explore and understand the patterns in your responses to key moments
- Understand a process for exploring the consequences of your behavior
- Choose positive behaviors and feelings during your key moments
- Identify and challenge the distortions in your interpretations
- Choose a method for changing weakening beliefs to empowering beliefs
- Understand the nature of reality
- Learn the importance of aligning your life to reality
- Accept some of the “difficult” realities of your life
- Explore and “let go” of resentments, complaints, and blame
- Learn to live in the “here and now”
- Learn the meaning and nature of personal responsibility
- Understand how you avoid taking responsibility for yourself
- Assess your willingness to accept personal responsibility
- See the choices available in your life
- “Claim ownership” for the results of your life
- Understand the power and freedom that comes from accepting responsibility
- Understand the meaning and power of vision
- Clarify your personal vision
- Evaluate the thoughts that keep you from living your vision
- Set goals to achieve your vision
- Understand the difference between three kinds of vision
- Write your personal purpose statement
- Clarify your guiding principles
- Develop affirmations to support you in living your purpose and guiding principles
- Use the technique of visualization to make your vision a reality
- Understand the meaning of personal integrity
- Recognize when you are acting from personal integrity
- Know the symptoms and consequences of self-betrayal
- Learn to let what “matters most” govern what “matters least”
- Deepen your commitment to what is most important
- Learn to make your behavior more congruent with what is most important to you
- Understand the meaning and importance of self-esteem
- Become the primary source of your self-esteem
- Accept your imperfections
- Learn to make time for self-renewal
- Acknowledge and build upon your strengths
- Maintain an attitude of gratitude
High Payoff Hiring
The Ability to Hire the Right People is Essential to the Bottom Line.
Have you ever found the perfect candidate during an interview who turned out to be the wrong person for the job, costing you money, time, resources, customers and possibly even growth within the organization? Imagine if you could ensure the person sitting across from you in an interview would actually be one of your top performing employees.
The ability to hire the right people is extremely important to the wealth and profitability of you and your organization.
High Payoff Hiring is intended for anyone involved in the hiring process. As a hiring manager, you need to have a hiring process that covers all the essential steps, from creating a solid job description to making an offer.
Through interaction and skill practice you will assess your current hiring needs and learn how to fill them with top performers. Having an effective interview process will save you time, money, frustration and resources and will also help provide you with the tools you need to grow your business.
The company is only as strong as the weakest employee. Invest your time and energy into finding the right people and you will achieve the results you want through your greatest investment, your people.
What You Will Do:
- Evaluate your current hiring skills and the costs associated with your past hiring decisions
- Identify your selection criteria for current positions you have available
- Learn how to effectively create or update an existing job description
- Gain a clear understanding of the interview process from screening resumes through the four parts of the interview
- Analyze the best questions to determine how the candidate will really perform within your organization
- Identify the most common hiring mistakes and how to avoid them
- Learn how to effectively evaluate the candidates and make an offer
- Set up systems for measuring your performance, setting goals and tracking progress