Frequently Asked Questions
You have questions, and we have answers
Everything DiSC: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is DiSC?
DISC is an online assessment that gives insight into yourself and how to be more effective when working with others to get the results that you want in your career or personal life. In addition it shares with you what things you may want to stop doing to be more effective.
What is the purpose of the Everything DiSC assessment?
Everything DiSC is a personal development assessment. It is a decoder that was developed through psychological research and theory to help people improve and maximize their relationships and performance.
Why is there a little i in the word DiSC?
The lowercase i is Wiley’s trademark and another way to know that the assessment has their adaptive testing. It assures you that you are getting the genuine Wiley product with their validated research.
How did DiSC start?
The evolution of DiSC
- 1970’s DiSC Classic 1.0; was a paper assessment with 24 forced-choices, and a 4 scale graph model with 15 classical patterns.
- 2003 DiSC Classic 20, electronic assessment: 28 forced choice, graph model
- 2007 Everything DiSC, electronic with 79 items, 5-point Likert scale, Circumplex model, product specific priorities (style validated), more personalized feedback and measures 8 scales.
- 2012 Everything DiSC with adaptive testing (adaptive testing is if you answer the question correct the next question is harder and if you answered it incorrectly the next question is easier), electronic, variable number of response items, 5-point Likert Scale, 4 point tie-breaker items added, Circumplex model, advanced shaded (tail), more precise and even more4 personalized.
How many DiSC styles are there?
There are four DiSC styles. The letters in the word DiSC refer to the four DiSC styles: D/Dominance, i/Influence, S/Steadiness, and C/Conscientiousness. Read More >>
What are the different types of DiSC assessments available?
- Everything DiSC Workplace®
- Everything DiSC® Management
- Everything DiSC® Sales
- Everything DiSC Work of Leaders®
- Everything DiSC 363® for Leaders
Can my profile change over time?
The average person’s profile tends to stay fairly consistent. Adaptive testing was added to DiSC in 2013 so if you took it before then we recommend taking it again to ensure the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Which assessment should I use for part of the hiring process?
DiSC assessments do not predict success in employment or in particular job classifications, so they are not able to be used for hiring. However, we do offer another product by Wiley called ProfileXT which is validated by the Department of Labor for use in hiring and is EEOC compliant.
SUCCESS BEGINS WITH A CONVERSATION
GET STARTED WITH CENTRIXITY TODAY!
How valid and reliable are DiSC® instruments?
Wiley is the publisher of all of our DiSC assessments, they are committed to maintaining the highest standards of instrument development and application. They ensure all of the instruments offer valid scores and accurate feedback to the respondent. Each instrument is designed to provide reasonably accurate interpretations or feedback based on your scores.
Isn’t there an adaptive style?
Wiley’s research has not shown any support for the theory that we have both a natural and adaptive style. Though everyone is a blend of all four styles, most people tend strongly toward one or two styles. A dot’s distance from the edge of the circle shows how naturally inclined a person is to encompass the characteristics of his or her DiSC style. Being adaptable, or flexing one’s style, is something every style can do.
Do I need to be certified to administer the DiSC profiles?
No, you do not have to be certified to administer DiSC profiles. However, the publisher does offer certification for those who wish to be certified.